Add Cord Keepers!
only $3 each
Custom Radio Strap Combo-
Fully Involved Leatherworks Custom First Responder Gear is handmade with a limited lifetime warranty for Firefighters and Medics. Our 1 ½” wide leather radio straps are made from 9/10 oz American Zebu Hides. These hides are brought to our shop and then hand cut. Each piece of leather for our straps are hand dyed using Oil Dye. This Oil dye will not come off, and helps ensure that your product will not crack, fade, or lose color over time. While many other competitors continue to hand paint their text and logos, we no longer paint any products, since paint will wear off, scratch off, and fade. Thick enough to take the abuse from the job of fire and EMS, but supple enough to be comfortable. Our handcrafted products feature hand stamping, stitched strap edges, custom logos, tough hardware, limited lifetime warranty, and the best customer service in the industry. Each product is sealed to prevent bleeding onto uniforms and the ability to be washable for decon. Being a Firefighter Owned and Operated business, we test our products to the max before putting them on your back. Our products are made to last, and will ride with you through many years, if not your entire career.
PLEASE MEASURE YOURSELF BEFORE ORDERING. OUR SIZES DIFFER FROM ANY OTHER COMPANY. REPAIRS CAN NOT BE MADE.
From bottom of strap excluding case.
- Extra Small 53-60 inches
- Small 58-65 inches
- Medium 64-71 inches
- Large 70-75 inches
If ordering as a gift here are some recommendations for size, however, not always 100% correct.
- Extra Small 5'8" or less than 150 lbs.
- Small - under 5'10" or less than 200 lbs.
- Medium - under 6'3" or less than 260 lbs.
- Large - over 6'3" or more than 325 lbs.
How to Measure-
Take a piece of webbing, rope, or string over your shoulder. Bring two ends together at your hip where you would like the strap to attach to the radio case. Take a tape measure and record the overall length in inches. Select the appropriate size from our sizing chart. For best results please ensure you are standing straight when taking the measurements.
AVERAGE LEAD TIME ON ALL CUSTOM MADE PRODUCTS IS 3-4 WEEKS. LEAD TIMES ARE ESTIMATED AND NOT GUARANTEED. OUR 4 WEEK GUARANTEE DOES STATE THAT YOUR ITEMS WILL BE SHIPPED WITHIN 4 WEEKS OR LESS, HOWEVER WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING TIMES OR DELAYS, THESE ARE OUT OF OUR CONTROL. WE DO NOT FORECAST SHIP DATES SINCE EACH PRODUCT IS CUSTOM. ONCE YOUR PRODUCT IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION, YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED BY EMAIL. ONCE YOUR PRODUCT HAS SHIPPED, YOU WILL RECEIVE THE TRACKING INFORMATION.
- 1 ½” Hand Cut American Full Grain Leather
- Stitched edges (your color choice)
- Top quality scissor buckles to attach to a radio case (your material choice)
- 1 belt end keeper
- 2 horizontal mic clips
- 1 Mic clip with cord keeper included
- Anti-sway strap (matching hardware)
- Our Universal Radio case may be added with matching hardware and leather. It fits 99% of current radios on the market including but not limited to: Motorola APX series, Motorola HT series, Motorola CP series, Motorola DTR, EF Johnson, ICOM, VERTEX, Viking Radios, King Radios, and many more.
- Please note that any customization to text on anti sway straps will not be in full color. This will only appear as stamped into the leather. We feel this is the best long lasting results, as painting these fine details is the only option, and paint will eventually crack, peel, or rub off over time, even using the best paint on the market for leather.
WE DO NOT RECOMMEND WEARING YOUR RADIO STRAP OVER YOUR TURNOUT COAT. THIS CREATES AN ENTANGLEMENT HAZARD AND IS HARSH ON YOUR RADIO AND STRAP.
For proper use with turnout gear place your coat over the strap with your radio hanging over bunker pants. Your strap should be placed where your coat will shed water off of your radio, but yet you can still use knob functions. Pull the collar mic out of your coat through the neck. By doing this you will protect your strap and most importantly your communication device.
Post Fire Decontamination Recommendations
All of our leather products are sealed to prevent the absorption of large contaminants and particulates. If your equipment enters the IDLH we recommend washing off the large particulates with copious amounts of water and a soft bristle brush. For a more in depth decontamination use a mild detergent (Joy, Dawn, or car soap) along with water and a soft bristle brush. Once clean let air dry out of direct sunlight. Our equipment should not be placed in an extractor or dryer. These recommendations are based off of UL Contamination of firefighter personal protective equipment and skin and the effectiveness of decontamination procedures. The study may be found at https://ulfirefightersafety.org/docs/FentEtAl_JOEH2017.pdf