Leather X-Back Firefighting Suspenders-
Fully Involved Leatherworks Custom First Responder Gear are handmade with a limited lifetime warranty for Firefighters and Medics. Our 1 ½” wide leather suspender straps are made from 9/10 oz American Zebu Hides. These hides are brought to our shop and then hand cut. Each piece of leather for our straps are hand dyed using Oil Dye. This Oil dye not only will not come off, but helps ensure that your product will not crack, fades, or lose color over time. While many other competitors continue to hand paint their text and logos, we no longer paint any products, since paint will wear off, scratch off, and fade. Thick enough to take the abuse from the job of fire and EMS, but supple enough to be comfortable. Our handcrafted products feature hand stamping, stitched strap edges, custom logos, tough hardware, limited lifetime warranty, and the best customer service in the industry. Each product is sealed to prevent bleeding onto uniforms and the ability to be washable for decon. Being a Firefighter Owned and Operated business we test our products to the max before putting them on your back. Our products are made to last, and will ride with you through many years, if not your entire career.
- Industrial Button and Slit Loop Style
PLEASE MEASURE YOURSELF BEFORE ORDERING. OUR SIZES DIFFER FROM ANY OTHER COMPANY. REPAIRS CAN NOT BE MADE.
From bottom of strap excluding case.
- X-Small (36-42")
- Small (42-48") (generally what most gear manufacturers issue without custom measurements)
- Medium (48-54")
- Large (54-60")
How to Measure-
Take a piece of webbing, rope, and cross over your shoulder as suspenders would from the rear to front going to opposite sides. Take a tape measure record the total length in inches and choose your suspender size according to the standard lengths. Be sure to stand straight when measuring for best fit. You can also measure your current set of suspenders just ensure that you go to opposite sides (ex:rear right side to front left side at the attachment points).
Average Lead Time on all custom made products is 3-4 weeks. Lead times are estimated and not guaranteed. We do not forecast ship dates since each product is custom. Once your product is under construction, you will be notified by email. Once your items have shipped, you will receive the tracking number via email. While we try our best to fulfill each order within the 3-4 week window sometimes back ordered materials can hold us up. Lead times are not guaranteed, except orders placed before the Christmas Deadline posted before the Holiday Season.
- Top Grain American Black Oil Dyed leather
- Stitching Choice
- Hardware Choice
- Custom Stamping available for both sides
- Images options stamped above text
- Option of additional Mic Loop Options
- 3 adjustment points in the rear at the crossing point to allow them to conform to your specific body type
- Low sitting adjustment buckles to ensure a comfort while wearing
- Stitched strap edges
- 2 belt end keeper
- All of our products are handmade 9+ oz. saddle grade American leather, well above industry standard.
- Our heavy duty hardware will stand the test of time.
- All of our products are made from American Zebu hides. These hides are brought to our shop and then hand cut.
- Each piece of leather for our straps are hand dyed using Oil Dye. This Oil dye not only will not come off, but helps ensure that your product will not crack, fades, or lose color over time.
- Our Stitched Edge will give each product a classy look, while still maintaining the durability of one piece of leather.
Post Fire Decontamination Recommendations
All of our leather products are sealed to prevent the absorption of large contaminants and particulates. If your equipment enters the IDLH we recommend washing off the large particulates with copious amounts of water and a soft bristle brush. For a more in depth decontamination use a mild detergent (Joy, Dawn, or car soap) along with water and a soft bristle brush. Once clean let air dry out of direct sunlight. Our equipment should not be placed in an extractor or dryer. These recommendations are based off of UL Contamination of firefighter personal protective equipment and skin and the effectiveness of decontamination procedures. The study may be found at https://ulfirefightersafety.org/docs/FentEtAl_JOEH2017.pdf