***3 Pack*** Grab them for the whole crew!
Stitched Leather Fire Helmet Chin Strap
Fully Involved Leatherworks Custom First Responder Gear are handmade with a limited lifetime warranty for Firefighters and Medics. Our 5/8” wide leather chin straps exceed what you normally get from a the other guys. They are made from 9/10 oz American Zebu Hides. These hides are brought to our shop and then hand cut. Each piece of leather for our straps are hand dyed using Oil Dye. This Oil dye not only will not come off, but helps ensure that your product will not crack, fades, or lose color over time. Thick enough to take the abuse from the job of fire and EMS, but supple enough to be comfortable. Our handcrafted products feature stitched edges, tough hardware, limited lifetime warranty, and the best customer service in the industry. Each product is sealed to prevent bleeding onto uniforms and the ability to be washable for decon. Being a Firefighter Owned and Operated business we test our products to the max before putting them on your back. Our products are made to last, and will ride with you through many years, if not your entire career.
- ” wide 9/10 oz. leather
- Stitched edges
- 29” overall length when extended
- NFPA Approved postman slide buckle for quick tightening and loosening of your helmet
- Oversized Side Squeeze connection buckle for quick helmet release with a gloved hand
- Add Trial-Sized Loc-Tite to screws to ensure they won’t come out over time.
Color Choices Include-
- Black Leather, Red Stitching, and Nickel Hardware
- Black Leather, Black Stitching, and Black Hardware
- Rustic Brown Leather, White Stitching, and Brass Hardware
- Rustic Brown Leather, Black Stitching, and Black Hardware
- Red Leather, Black Stitching, and Brass Hardware
- Pink Leather, Black Stitching, and Nickel Hardware
- Blue Leather, Black Stitching, and Nickel Hardware
- Green Leather, Black Stitching, and Nickel Hardware
- Tailboard Tan Leather, Black Stitching, and Nickel Hardware
- Attaches to Cairns N6A, Cairns N5A, OR Phenix TL2 with no adapters
- Can attach to other helmet options with the removal of a screw and installation of adapter
In Stock Products ship same or next business day.
Post Fire Decontamination Recommendations
All of our leather products are sealed to prevent the absorption of large contaminants and particulates. If your equipment enters the IDLH we recommend washing off the large particulates with copious amounts of water and a soft bristle brush. For a more in depth decontamination use a mild detergent (Joy, Dawn, or car soap) along with water and a soft bristle brush. Once clean let air dry out of direct sunlight. Our equipment should not be placed in an extractor or dryer. These recommendations are based off of UL Contamination of firefighter personal protective equipment and skin and the effectiveness of decontamination procedures. The study may be found at https://ulfirefightersafety.org/docs/FentEtAl_JOEH2017.pdf